Friday, April 20, 2007

GOING AGAIN

Well, here we go ... "On the Road Again".... We leave at 6am for Clermont, Florida. Our boy called today and asked for some help, so we are on our way. All I can say, is once a parent, FOREVER a parent....Unconditional love, that's what it is all about. When they call in need, you go. So, we got everything (I hope) in order today and we go tomorrow. It is 2050 miles and we are planning on driving 14 hours the first day and then 12 hours the next and be there sometime on the third day. So we will have two sleeps going and two sleeps returning. And we will be putting over 5,000 miles on the Ol' Coyote's truck.

We have canceled our Alaskan Cruise, maybe someday, but now is not the time. I don't even know if we will be going to the family reunion...that remains to be seen, come July. I feel badly, but I know it's what we are supposed to do at this time. When I called my brother and talked to my sister-in-law, she really felt bad and that made me feel bad, too. She is so sweet and I hated to do this to her because, she set up the whole Cruise...but, you can only do what one can do.

Ok, onward and upward. We went out to dinner with Fred and Gail tonight, so I wouldn't have to cook the night before we left. We went to (what used to be) one of my favorite restaurants in town. It turned bad as soon as we walked inside the door. There was this strong odor of fish. NOT GOOD. Fred hates fish and hates the smell of fish. I will have to admit, it really didn't smell good at all. Anyway, we sat down and began to peruse the menu. I knew what I wanted. They have the biggest and best pork chop in the world. But, as we were looking at the menu, the music started, and it was so loud and so obnoxious, all of us were unhappy. The Ol' Coyote asked the waitress to turn it down and she did. The food was ok, and we weren't asked to leave, we couldn't wait to get out of there...laughing.

Let's see, we are almost packed, the fridge has been cleaned out, the dishes are on wash, the clothes have been washed and packed, the car has been fed and is full....Daysee is at the dog hotel and kitty is not happy. She hates it when we leave. She knows we are going and is totally ticked at us. I just hope she stays well until we get back home. Thank heaven Gail will check on her and get the mail for us. She is such a peach, I'm so glad she is my friend. I think we are close to going to bed to rise and shine and be on the road at 6am....wish us luck!

Bones is almost over, it's about 10:30 and the Ol' Coyote is ready to turn in, so I will say good night for now, I sure hope I can sleep tonight...

0 comments: