Thursday, December 04, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!

It's been a while since I have posted and not much has gone on. I was sick for 3 1/2 weeks and am finally feeling better. Out of the forest, but not in the clearing. I still have that hacky cough and sore throat. Yes...I did go to the doctor and was on antibiotics, thank you for your concern.

Night before last it snowed and the land is still covered with the snow. That is very unusual here as it is usually blowing so hard that our dry snow is gone the next day. It's really beautiful. It really gives you a sense of Christmas. The shoppers are all bundled up and carrying their packages and bustling to the next shop. It's so fun to watch. The lights are all up in the city and the homes are decorating one by one. I love Christmas time. The lights are so bright, they sparkle and remind me of all the stars in the sky. Can't you just imagine at the time of Jesus' birth, with no smog and no huge buildings to block the sky how bright the stars were....living in the country (well, maybe desert) where it's so dark, it is really beautiful seeing all the stars. I even got to see the Trident Triangle the other night, it was great.

This is also one of the busiest times of the year. Our church has so many things going on, you hardly have time to breathe. We have a womens Holiday luncheon/Ornament exchange, then we have a Christmas Cookie exchange, then we have the Ward Christmas party for the youth and the adults...this year they will even have a visit from Santa. Normally, we concentrate on the real Christmas values, with the birth of Christ. This activities chairwoman has decided that we will share both at the same party. This will be interesting, but fun for the children. Then there is the Christmas choir, we practice for the December 21st performance...whew, I hardly have time to vaccuum...

Speaking of which, I got a new vaccuum....I LOVE IT!!! I always thought the dyson guy was a bunch of hype and never considered it. We had a Hoover Wind Tunnel and it was crap. The belts kept sliding off and burning, uck, terrible smell, plus it was heavy and loud. We went vaccuum shopping (under duress from the ol' coyote) and we spent 2 hours looking at vaccuums...I hate shopping. Anyway, the sales lady convinced Mr. Coyote that the dyson was the best. She had - are you ready for this- 18 cats, all living inside the house...and a husband! Anyway, she just raved about this machine and how it sucked not only the carpet, but clear down thru the pad. Ok, Ok...fine, spend the money (gulp) get the stupid machine, let's just go...so of course we got "the animal" and brought it home. The Ol' coyote had to try it. so we had just vaccuumed with the wind tunnel, so now we put this thing together and start. We started in the bedroom, the path from the bathroom (where the cat has all her stuff) and went to the end of the bed. It was unbeliveable. It filled the canister!!! and, it's a big canister. Talk about amazing, I would definetly recommend the Dyson to anyone. We filled (ok, I'm embarrased to say) 6 canisters by time we were done with the house. Totally unbeliveable...

Ok, I guess I have bored you long enough, I'm starving, time for lunch...gotta go, hope your day is bright and shiney...TTFN

0 comments: