Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April - 26...THIRTY years!!!

OMG!!! We have been married for thirty years...actually we have been together for 36 years....that's almost 40 years...geeeze, how can that be...I'm only 37!!! I guess that doesn't wash anymore since we have a 40 something and a thirty something kid....hummmm, how can I get around this...well, how about, we don't act over about 21....does that get it???

We took the day off and went for a great ride...I took some pictures, but they didn't turn out, so you will just have to use your imagination...ON THE SCENERY... We went up into the big horn mountains. They are really pretty. (I had to take a motion sickness pill, they are really windy, burp, pardon me.) Skipper wanted to show me where he and Bob and Fred go ATVing. We went to a "city" named Shell (pop. of 50) and the place is gorgeous, really packed with big green pines and it was snowing with snow on the ground. I don't know where the "50" people lived, I couldn't even count 5 homes. Oh well, I guess they like being secluded. Anyway, we tried to go see the Shell Falls, but of course, the road was closed because of the snow. If they hadn't had a bar across the road, the ol' coyote would have taken us up to the falls anyway...After Shell we continued on the wINdy ROad and went into Burgess Junction. Really pretty...the mountains are really big and the valley waaaaaay below was so breathtaking, wow, you could see forever. We were so high it was like we were looking out of an aircraft window...awesome!

Since we were so far from home...and I didn't want to go home the way we just drove, we decided to go into Sheridan. It is a city that shows on the map as a medium sized city. Well, I don't think Wyoming has BIG towns. I was really dissappointed. Sheridan didn't even seem as nice as Cody and I thought it was supposed to have restaurants, shopping, maybe a MALL!!! NOTHING!!! There was nothing there...so we stopped and got gas at a Maverik and I got a bag of fritos to stave off the hunger...Let me tell you, even the ol' coyote ate some of those fritos (he doesn't like them) we were pretty hungry. Finally we got on the freeway and we were 124 miles from Billings, MT and we live 2 hours from Billings. Soooooo, we got to Billings at 1730 and ate at one of my favs, The Texas Roadhouse, boy....was it good! Then we got home about 2100...it was a long day, but a great one, it was so nice to just get away...

1 comments:

~ A P R I L ~ said...

I'm soooooooo glad that you had a wonderful anniversary! YOU TWO DESERVE IT!!!!