Saturday, March 04, 2006

GOOD SATURDAY THERAPY

Hope you are having a great "Saturday Night"! We are watching one of the ol' Coyote's favorite shows, "Mythbusters" I think it's a male thing. It's ok, but I'm more into law stuff and CSI stuff and mysteries or biographys. Have you ever watched The Directors Studio on Bravo channel. I watch that a lot when there is someone on that I am interested in. Last one I watched was about Johnny Depp, it was good, try it sometime.

Boy, the wind is howelling outside tonight, it's 24 mph sustained out of the north, but, still no snow. Our first chance of snow is Wednesday with a 30% chance (which means we won't be seeing any snow.) Then on Friday it says we have a 60% chance. Now 60% is a good chance, but, here we have to take into consideration that Friday is a week away and if anyone knows anything about weather, it's "subject to change without notice" thats the case especially in Wyoming. The saying is "if you don't like the weather, stick around 10 minutes, it will be different".

Today, guess what, yer not going to believe this. The Ol' Cody Coyote, came thru....he hung my two Bev Doolittle's lithos. They look so awesome. You walk in the front door and if you go a step to your left you can go down stairs. Well, that stair wall is where we hung them. I took the quilts of the railings, so your eyes go to the pictures instead of the quilts. I LIIIIIKE IT!!

Speaking of that ol' coyote, he saw a Ruger Blackhawk in the buyer's guide and I told him to go look at it. He has always wanted one, and a used one, in my book, is cheaper than a new one. So he went and looked at it....and came home with it. It was a good deal. He got reloading dies, a funky holster, but it works, and a pair of hogue rubber grips, which are nice, easy to hang onto. The Black Hawk came with two cylinders, .357 and 9mm. So since he has to have surgery on the 9th of March, I told him that was his get well present...he's a happy camper. Especially, since I fixed him some chicken fajitas for din din.....then we had sliced strawberries on angel food loaf smothered with cool whip for deeezzzzert...yum!

Things have been moving along, and I haven't been able to work on my quilts, hopefully, since I have to be a home nurse to the recooping patient, I will be able to work on them next week. Tomorrow is Sunday and we have choir and church from 10am until 1400 hrs. Hummmm, I wonder what I need to defrost for dinner tomorrw. I'm going to have to give that some thought.

I talked to my friend Ethel, she (and Fred) called to invite the ol' Coyote and me to the cinema next Wednesday to see the new Bruce Willits movie 16 (or 18) Blocks....that'll be fun, then the next day OCC goes in for his big surgery....not excited about that!
I am excited about Tuesday, we get to buy the new Harry Potter DVD....love E-Parr!

Did I tell you I am reviving my Hot Wheels collection? I'm so excited about that too. I love hot wheels (should have been born a boy) but my hubby keeps saying that he was glad that I was born female, even if I am a pain in the ars sometimes. I wonder if Grey's Anatomy will be on tomorrow night, since it's academy awards night.....I tell you if Brokeback Mountain gets best picture, I will really be dissappointed. It was boring and not that great. The scenery was better than the script, trust me.

Well, I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow to see the answer. OK, the vacuumming is done, the dishes aren't but the tools and mess is cleaned up from the picture hanging ordeal. The wood has been chopped and some brought in. Wow, let me tell you...are we glad we bought two cords of wood. Gas, as you all know was really expensive this year, so we have been using the wood burning stove to save some "gas money". Our gas bill was only $65.00! Jen, next door was just floored when she got her bill. Both our homes are about the same size, hers might be a little bigger, but not by much....wanna know how much....take a deep breath....please be sitting down, it was $400.00 FOR ONE MONTH!!! We are almost out of wood, I can't believe we used two cords in one winter, but I'm sure glad we had it. We have about two wheelbarrows full left. I know we need more, but hopefully we can stretch it. The price would be prohibitive at this point. We haven't even had a winter. Please pray (if you are so inclined) for snow, or moisture, we need it.

If you checkout my blog, you will notice that my secret helper has added some more interesting links to check out. Yellowstone is gorgeous, anytime of year. The wydot gives a lot of information. And, last but not least, the BBHC as we natives (ok, so we are adopted natives) call the museum. It is really awesome to visit.

Guess that's about it for tonight, hope everyone is happy and healthy...remember, "smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to".

0 comments: