Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PERCEPTION OF THE OSCARS

Another year come and gone for the night of the gold statue to be handed out. George Clooney was just as dapper and sauve as usual, with that sly little turned up smile...I was glad to see him get the Supporting Actor from Syriana...his remarks where quick and cute, "well, I guess this means I'm not getting the Oscar for the Best Actor catagory."
Then, much to my surprise comes out this singing string-bean, wow, she did not look good at all. True, she is older, ahem, but, my gosh, the skinny frame was "TOO MUCH" or should I say too little. I liked Dolly a lot better with a little meat on those bones......sheeesh!
I was really happy for Rachel for getting the best Supporting Actress for Constant Gardner. I have the movie, but haven't watched it yet. I just think she is a really good budding actress.
The next comment was that stupid HUGE bow on Charlize Theron's dress. You could hardly see her face from this hugh organaz black bow.....and she's so cute.
The March of the Penquins won and the men brought their stuffed (puppet) Penquins up on the stage with them......ok, I guess
I was very happy for Memoris of a Geisha. I did see that movie, and thought it deserved everything it got, and then some. Definitely not a "popcorn for the brain" movie. One that deserves your fullest attention.
I was happy for Reese Witherspoon getting the Best Actress, from Walk the Line.
And as for Crash, I haven't seen it but I was glad that Brokeback Mountain didn't get it for best picture. I saw Brokeback Mountain and I was bored with it. The scenery was nice, there was a cast of a thousand....sheep and the acting was not all that great. I was really surprised with Heath Ledger's character, he just wasn't that believable.
All in all, I'd say that Jon Stewart did a good job. He came across with some jokes from the right and the left, and then some...The one part of the awards I always enjoy is the tribute to the stars that had past on during the year. It was good to see them one more time. And the montagues were done very well. It appeared that all who were there, did enjoy themselves. As did I...

0 comments: