Thursday, December 28, 2006

KRISMESS ALMOST OVER

HI, well, it's almost done! This has not been a favorite year. If I had to list pro's (good things that happened) vs. con's (not so good things that happened this year)- I think the bad guys would win.
The best thing that happened this year would have to be my surgery. I have a lot fewer headaches, my neck pain is much less, and that is all great. Now, I don't mean to be ungrateful for all my many blessings, and I know I have many more than a lot of people, but there have been some difficult days, weeks, months, along this year. I have had two really great friends pass, plus the father of a really great friend, and I know this is part of life and I should let it go, but it's just dang difficult. And, it seems the older one gets in this life, the more life becomes fragile. I have a beautiful granddaughter (actually 4 beautiful g-daughters, but only one from a mother who seems to be really vengeful and with little empathy, or regard for the feelings of others.) Ok, I don't usually say things like that but I guess I just had to get it out. Anyway, I really miss my little girl. She is 15 now and has just been diagnosed with ADHD. I wish I could be there to help her. She is so giving, happy, loving and helpful. I just hope I can be here long enough to see her thru her life, thru her graduation, marriage, and her children.

Christmas was very quiet at our home. We didn't have the lights, the sounds, the presents. If it weren't for our good friends in Oklahoma, we would not have had any gifts. But it was fun, getting a package in the mail and some things that were "hand picked" just for us. I love my purse holder, it works soooooooooooo well. Everyone checks it out and asks where I got it. I have to laugh, it's quite the attention getter. And, the Ol' Coyote got this really cool camo ATV bag to go on his not so camo ATV. The bag is awesome, you unzip it and it has a magic red light that comes on so you can check out your stuff and not bother anyone else, so really cool. Now, as far as "family" goes, we got a tin of Mrs Fields assortment from my brother and his wife, woopie, and a box of candy from my sister and her husband....really "thoughtful" gifts. I'm sorry, do I sound negative?....hummmmmm, I wonder why.

Ok, enough of the "gift supply". On with the "merryment". We to dinner on night before Christmas eve, eve. Some friends invited us, and it was fun. Then, for Christmas day, we were invited to some other friends, and that was fun(?). We ate baked chicken with side dishes and then got to see Waynes gun collection.....that's what I live for on Christmas.

Today, I went and got an MRI on the lumbar spine, maybe something wrong there, we will find out next year. Yesterday, I pulled it together and finally made a police report of the $508.00 loss from an Ebay deal gone bad. So, I have had some closure for this sad year. I tell you, I am ready for the New Year to begin. I want some happy times and some good food, good friends (especially the ones that live in OKlahoma) and great memories.....I'm already looking forward to our trip in March to see the boys in Orlando and then, back to Oklahoma to have some real fun with lips, the midget and Ol' Bob....I'm ready!!!!

It's late now, and I am going to sign off so I can be more positive on the next post. I still have a lot to say, I have a lot to do. We have some friends coming to visit from Washington, they should be here on the 1st of January, for a couple days, on their way to Utah. I have rooms to clean, decorations to put away, sheesh, anyone have any speed I can have......just kidding!!!!

Good night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction!!!!! You have FIVE granddaughters!!!!! Four by birth and one by CHOICE!!!!

I'm so glad you liked your gifts, they weren't much and I forgot your Cella's cherries, but I did try.

Here's to a great 2007 for you my sweet, wonderful, bestest friend.