Sunday, December 03, 2006

CAN'T THINK OF A TITLE

How's that for a title, great beginning, eh? Well, give me a while to warm up. I haven't blogged since the 17th of September, wow, that's a long time ago. I've been from one side of the continent to the other and back home just since then. I've gotten to see my daughter, her three little girls, Emily, Abigail and Kathryn. I got to go to my girlfriends in Glendale, AZ and go shopping, I mean REALLY SERIOUSLY SHOPPING, at real stores. See here in Cody, Wy, we have wallmart, k-mart and specialty shops. It's fun to visit. It's fun to know all the shop owners. And, you really know who your friends are. The name of the game here is Quality, not quantity. What friends you make and have are the best.*

Anyway, back to AZ. I got to buy my favorite candy, it's called See's...it's wonderful. (The dark chocolate is the best.) I got to go to In-N-Out and have a great burger with fries and a chocolate milk shake, oh yum! We went to Penneys, I got a padpadracha ring in the checkerboard faceting, it's beautiful, firey orange, totally not me, Carolyn made me buy it because of the great deal. I guess under all this dust and denium there really is a female that likes flashy girly things, don't let that out tho...my hubby would never believe that. I've always been the tomboy from the getgo. Oh, I also got a new two tone gold bracelete, we had fun. She always spends my money...lol Then I got to go to Trader Joes's. If you haven't been to a Trader Joe's and you ever have the opportunity, go. They have the neatest stuff. And, their vitamins and antioxidents are so good for you and so much less than in other stores. We went to Ikea and bought a new chest and two of their only poang chairs, wow, so cool. After visiting with our daughter and Carolyn and her family, we flew from Phoenix to Orlando, FL. We got to visit with our boys and my oldest grandaughter (15 going on 25) flew in from San Antonio, Tx for three days. We had a ball!!! Then we flew back to AZ. got in the car and drove up to Bullhead City to visit with my brother and his wife. We were going to stay for 2/3 days, but, by the time we got there, we were so pooped, so broke, so wanting to get home....we went to dinner with them, spent the night and drove home.

So now, we have Christmas. It's a good thing that we don't do presents, we don't have anything left to do presents with. So we are staying home for the first time in 5 years. Just the two of us, Christmas, home, food, lots of wood for lots of warm fires. We will sit and read the Christmas story and watch my favorite animated "Small One"...I cry everytime. this will be an interesting Christmas. With the world so messed up and everyone calling it Happy Holidays, so they don't offend anyone, so they can leave Christ out of Christmas, whatever....to each his own.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about one of our dogs. Daysee...we refer to her as dufus daysee, she is such a cluts...she has lost weight, she is now a very trim 90 lbs. rotty....she got a staff infection. We have no clue from where or when. We took her to the vet, he examined, did his thing, she came home with us in the morning, by afternoon, she was so swollen and very lethargic. So the Ol' Coyote (after copious amounts of pleading by me)loaded her into the truck and took her back to the vet. He kept her overnight and when we went to get her in the morning, she was not nearly as swollen and she looked like she was going to make it. We also brought a "cone" collar for her. She is hysterical. She bumps into something and she is like one of those battery operated robots....she stops completely. She doesn't look around, or move. She just stands there. Then when you go to put her out side she tries to walk thru the door, but the collar proceeds her and clunks her back...again, she just stands there waiting for the wall to move for her.....what a trip.

Well, I think I have pretty much caught you up to date. At church we are practicing for the Christmas program. Oh, the other news here in Cody, we have a Japanese Restaurant. Shiki....it's wonderful, delicious, one more reason to think about coming out to visit...

Let's see, it's 8:30 pm Dec 3 and our temp is -1, at least the wind has calmed down. Between the freighttrain wind and the coyote snooring, I got no sleep last night, maybe tonight will be sleep tight, so, I will say good night, until another day...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrrr, I just wrote this big reply to your post but I LOST IT! UGH!!!!!! I HATE BLOGGER!