Friday, June 20, 2008

AW, THE OUT OF DOORS

Good Morning...I just wanted to update the old blog and say how fun it is to be able to get outside and enjoy nature. Last night (before dark) we went with some friends and did some ATVing. It was great. We saw little cottontails, antelope and deer. They were beautiful, the antelope were running with us, it was so exciting. We went over some high hills and I got up them, but had to have the Skipper drive me down them. Since my neck surgery, I don't take near the risks I used to. I want to be around for a good bit longer and I dare not push my luck! At one point, we stopped at a whistle pig city and watched the little critters popping out of their holes. Since they are varmits, the guys shot at some of them, but they were quicker than the bullets, so they lived to see another day. My glasses broke, so I couldn't see much of anything, so I didn't shoot. I was able to keep them together under the goggles, so I could at least see where we were going. We didn't get home until almost midnight and boy, my this morning my body is telling me that I haven't done that in toooooo long of a time.
So, tomorrow, we are planning to do it all again. This time we are going to go out to see the petroglyphs. We haven't been able to find them, and our friends think they can find them again....we'll see.
But, it doesn't really matter because we will have a great time, just being out, riding in the open (smogless ) air...we love Wyoming!
Well, I guess I better get busy, I thought I would write in the morning so I would get it done. Hope you have a happy day....Ciao

0 comments: