Sunday, June 15, 2008

FATHER'S DAY 2008

well, hello there! For all you father's that read this (hahahahaha) I laugh because to my knowledge, there are only about three people that "might" ever, read this. Anyway, it's coming to a close, it's about 2005 here in Beautiful downtown cody, wyoming. the day has been good...slow, but ok. We went to church this morning, for all the Fathers to be talked about. after the meeting, the ladies had baked pies and we served the men a piece of homemade pie with ice cream. Now that should make any man happy...

After church, we came home and I fixed some nice pan fried fresh stream fish that was given to us by a friend. I still haven't gotten to fish since we moved up here. I bought my fishing license...I even bought the ol' coyote his fishing license to inspire him to take me fishing. I have my "ugly stick" that we bought in I think, bass pro....anyway, it was while we were visiting our friends in oklahoma. Bob helped me pick it out and i have been so excited to use it....i'm still excited to use it, just haven't yet. hummmm, maybe i should just get in the car, go about a mile and throw my hook in the lake....at least then i could say i've been fishing this year. well, the year is still young, i may get there yet. wish me luck!

oh, i was talking about dinner, sorry i get sidetracked easily. and, i'm trying to watch the next food channel star on the tv and the bunnies running and playing on the front lawn...whew, sorry, there is so much going on in cody, wyoming! anyway, i fixed the fish and we had some fresh corn and peas with some coleslaw. Sounds kinda boring now that i wrote about it. but, it tasted good, if that counts for anything.

russ called this morning and we got to talk, i always love it when i get to talk to our kids. kelli called this morning too, she cracks me up about her dad. she knows him sooooooo well. the only people missing on father's day are the grandkids. we love to hear from them and even tho "papa skip" is not their dad, we do enjoy when they call. Boy, these bunnies are really lovin the tall fresh green grass. they're going crazy. it's difficult to type and think and watch them. i mean, i'm great at multi-tasking, but fingers, eyes, brain, all going in different directions, it's a bit more than i'm willing to give....

guess i should give up and watch only two things instead of trying to watch three or four. Hope you had a great day....oh, i forgot to tell you....the people that we did the wedding for yesterday, well, today after church, they came by with some left over wedding cake. coyote's favorite, chocolate, he was pleased. ok, now i'm done....sweet dreams...ciao

0 comments: