Saturday, June 28, 2008

DESERT SHOOTING

Gooooood Morning!!! Well, this past week has been a busy one. I can't remember where the beginning went, but the past three days have been fun. Thursday we took the pos car and rode all thru the sage brush. We played with the antelope, even baby ones, they were sooooooooooo cute. Then we found a place to shoot. We killed a lot of tin cans! We bring our own and set them up (many times) and shoot until you can hardly find the cans....or what's left of them. Then we pick up the remains and bring them home to the trash. We drove around some more and it was a good thing we didn't care where we were because, we didn't quite know where we were. But, in time, we found ourselves back at the main road.

Friday, I had a computer class for my embroidery machine. My heck, there are so many things this machine can do, it's amazing. We spent from 830 am to 4pm learning (that's relative) just some of the capabilities of the machine. Of course, the best software costs a whole ton of money, so I don't think I will be owning all that. I have a little piece of it and just that can do a lot.

Our little town has sure come alive this summer. the streets are full, there is no place to park and the gas shortage doesn't seem to be too much of a problem for the tourists. I haven't been to the park since it opened in May, but I have heard that it too is crowded. Not as many RVs, but lots of people. Our gas is $417.9 and now since last night when they said it's gotten even higher, I know it will go up again. They have a special day (Wednesday) every week, it goes up another ten cents....what happened to raising it by the pennies, sheesh!

Well, I better get off here, I have the cooler packed. Today we are going with friends up to the Big Horns to do some more site seeing and shooting...we have packed chicken, watermellon, macaroni salad and munchies and lots of water. Then, the important things like guns and lots of ammo. I think we have all the bases covered to have a wonderful time. I'll let you know later, you all have a great day....don't work too hard...ciao

0 comments: