Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm Back!

SURPRISE!!!! Well, I'm sorry I deserted you all, I just have no excuse. But, I decided I should get my stuff together, suck it up and get back on the horse. I can't even begin to start where I left off, that was a lifetime ago. Sooooooo, let's go with what's been happening lately. First off, I got a new computer, especially made by "Jimmy" at the computer store here in downtown Cody. I like that it was specially made to suit what I do (which I haven't figured out yet), but at least it works....most of the time. It's Vista and that says a lot. It's basically ok, but it is quirky. When we disagree on something I want to do...it wins and I can't do a lot of what I used to do. I am constantly finding new areas that I have no clue why I'm there. And, the places I want to be, I can't find. Awwww sweet mystery...

Moving on, I also got a new Embroidery sewing machine. I sold the one I had (that I had never even opened the box...too intimidating). I never had any support for the machine so I sold it and bought a new one from the quilt shop here in Cody. Now I have a great machine, it sews great and I have all the support for the embroidery and sewing. There are classes all the time for projects and I am still taking the "new owners" classes to learn what I'm doing...ur, um, what I am supposed to be doing.

Gosh, one would think we won the lottery....not! but somethings just had to change. We had to go to Buckeye to visit with our daughter and our three grandchildren. Emily, the oldest is having to do reports and research for school projects and she couldn't use her mother's computer because it is set up for Kelli's work. Her work does not allow any other use but her work because of all the special info she needs to do the work. (wow, that was a long sentence, sorry) Anyway, since my computer was getting slower and older, the Ol' Skipper decided that we needed a newer, up to date computer....that's a whole 'nother story....anyway, we did get the computer so we could take mine down to "the kids". They were ecstatic so all was well. We also went down at this particular time because it was time for Abigail, the middle child, to be baptized. Skipper got to do the deed and that also went very well. It was funny tho....after she got dunked, she came up out of the water and the first thing she said was, "WOW, that was cold!!!!" Everyone snickered. It was a nice time, her dad and a lot of his family were there to give support. A good time was had by all.

Our trip down to Arizona was really a nice one. Skipper has a navigational tool that we thought we would use to guide us, instead of the trusted map. Well, we go down there so often we could probably be blindfolded. Anyway, using the tool was really fun. It took us on a completely different route. We got to see some really pretty scenery instead of the cement slab. (commonly referred to as the freeway) Coming home was a different story because we went to visit my brother who lives in Bullhead City. (That's next to Laughlin, NV) We had to take the normal way, thru Las Vegas and on up the slab. So, now we are home and happy to be!

That's been our life for the past month...what have you been up to?

0 comments: