Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BOOTS ON THE GROUND

HI y'all....is that right, or should it be ya'll, I think that looks better, the latter must be the correct way....ok, so, HI, YA'LL and how do you feel about this wonderful predicament we are in???? I like Julliani.....he summed it all up by saying we have no other choice but to send in the 20,000...it's not a case of the dems vs. the repubs. it's not a question of Bush winning, it's a case of AMERICA winning....get 'em in, get 'em out. Oh well, I guess whatever happens is gonna happen. Only the "boots on the ground" are going to make the difference...enough of that stuff.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We took a day trip to Billings, MT and did some shopping. The ol' Coyote got some neat tools and we went to Costco and got some neat stuff. We got to eat at a "chain" restaurant, Applebees...and it was good. Coyote loves food!!! The ride up and back was very pleasant, no deer or antenna-lope running in the street, just on the pasture sides, thank heaven. We worry up and back about injuring or killing an animal. I saw 2 deer on the side of the road, makes me so sad. We got home after dark and found everything safe here.

Oh, guess what I did today...I'm so excited. My windmill blew down in August (2006) and I've wanted another one but, I'm affraid it will have the same fate. So, Coyote called this place in Powell, it's about 30 miles from us, but has the same winds. They sell windmills for real. I mean they are working windmills @ $500. a pop. Well, Coyote was not excited about spending that much money for a windmill to sit in our yard. So, today, Mr. Olson called about windmills. He said that he found from the same company, ornamental windmills that are considerably less. I was so excited, I wrote him a check for a deposit and he will call when they come in. I want a galvanized with red. He said they come, either a straight galvanized, or, white with red. So, if I have too, I will take the white with the red, but he said he would check to see if they would do the galvanized with the red. I don't really care....I want red on it and I want it in my yard. Mr. Olson sez they are ten feet tall...and they will hold up against our winds!!! Another thing we did was to call the roofman (this has nothing to do with my windmill). We had some heavyduty winds the other night, they were clocked at 70-75mph here. That was light compared to the other areas around us, thank heaven. But, nevertheless, we did incurr some minor damage, so Mr. roofman came out and checked our whole roof for us. All we have is some minor damage that he will take care of when the weather warms up. That was super, too. I don't like spending money or repair jobs.

Ok, so, let's see, what have I missed, oh yeah. I forgot to tell you about our friend. We know a family that owns and operates their own Mexican restaurant, here in Cody, called Julian's. Their food is really good. It's Lynn & Chris and their two kids, Gabby, just graduated H.S. and Chris who is a junior at H.S.. Anyway, we went in (first time since the holidays) Gabby was waiting tables, and we asked how everyone was. She said her dad has been sick. Then she went to get our drinks and her mom (Lynn) came out and started talking about Chris (her husband, Gabby's father). She said that he had his tonsils removed ( he's 39 yrs. old) and then he went downhill from there. Then she left to prepare our food. After Gabby served us, Lynn came back out (it was late and everyone had had their lunch and was gone) so she sat and told us his story. Wow, what he has been thru. What the whole family has been thru. After the surgery, he developed a sinus infection. The sinus infection went into the bone behind his ear. He spent time in the hospital, had to have surgery on the infected bone and he still hasn't recovered. Their doctor practices in Billings, so when he has to go to the doctor, Lynn has to close the restaurant and take the whole day off. If the doctor wants him to spend more time there then the restaurant stays closed until they come back from Billings. (Billings is a two hour drive from Cody.) It's just incredible what they have gone thru, just because his parents didn't have his tonsils removed when he was a child. Wow, it really made me feel blessed that my folks had mine removed when I was young. And when they grew back, they had them removed again. That was when I was 15 and that hurt like a son of a gun....I can't even imagine the pain and problems Chris has gone thru.

Our internet went out today, of course, just when I was trying to transfer some funds. Why does Murphy's Law always come into play... How did Murphy's Law even get started? I guess I will have to google that one, now I'm curious. Let's see, what do I need to do tomorrow. I know, after I get my chores done, I think I will go see Sandy at Verizon and check out the phones. I want to get one that I can download my tunes, I miss my ringtone tunes. That will be a fun thing to do on a Thursday. My friend Gail has to get her esophagous scoped tomorrow, so I hope she comes thru that ok. I think she needs to take prevacid or something like that...it works for me! It's getting about that time, so I guess I should close for now, happy dreams!

Good night...

0 comments: