Thursday, January 25, 2007

ENTER AQUARIUS

Yep, I knew it, we have entered the sign of Aquarius! For me, it is that time of the year when everything goes belly-up. All of the kids are having hard times, we are barely scraping by....sheeesh...I know it is just one of those valleys, but, boy, it's tough wandering around down there. Wishing and a hoping that we can make it to the next peak. That's what the Ol' Coyote calls life....a smathering of peaks and valleys. So, if you are not feeling up to snuff, just know, you are not alone. Remember the sage and wise advise from the ol' coyote....peaks and valleys.

It was 44 degrees here today. Wow, shirtsleeve weather. But, they say, an arctic blast is coming for this weekend, so we shall see. If there is one thing I have learned, leaving in Cody, WY...it's don't believe everything you hear, regarding the weather. It sorta does what it wants, when it wants. It can change 20/30 degrees in an hour if it wants, I've been here for that! It even snowed on July 4th during the parade, once! Son of a gun, just as we sit here talking about weather, the chinook winds are kicking up and the temp is 47 degrees at 7pm, weird, I tell you.

Gail and I went out on the town today, we went to Buffalo Billies, Walmart and the Dollar store....woooo hoooooo....you gotta love living in Cody, WY. The only rub was that we were supposed to end up at the Willow Tea House, a great little eclectic restaurant. We were going to get some scones and devonshire cream for dessert. We got there too late. They close at 3pm....rats, I really wanted some scones and devonshire cream. If you ever come to Cody, you have to go to the Willow Tea House at least for dessert, so you can indulge...you won't be sorry!!!

Tonight is shoot night for the Ol' Coyote. He's at the range shooting targets for high score. That's one of the things he does, regularly, is to shoot.
I'd much rather be doing what my friend Lips is doing tonight. She and her family are driving to Branson for a great two-nighter. They got this package deal (because they live in Oklahoma)and so they are triping the light fantastic. Kaitlyn will, with her mom, swim in the pool, I know that for sure. Then the rest of the time, well, what else...shop and eat....wow, wish I was there to participate. I have never been to Branson, someday, I'm gonna go there!

Can't right now, tho, too worried about the kids. The boys are about to loose their house, split, or file bankruptcy, ugh! And our daughter is (at 36) still trying to figure out who she is and where she fits into the whole scheme of things...I'll tell you, life is getting more complexed as the days go..or is it come...?

Well, I'm getting ready for Valentine's Day. I have got cards and stuff for the 5 grandchildren and cards for the kids, even on for that guy I live with...who won't give me one...oh well, it's not that important. What I really would like would be to go to Cassies (that's the old whorehouse here in Cody from yesteryear). It's the best steak house here...but the most expensive, too. But they have the best lobster in the world...well, in my little world, anyway.

Gee, now that I'm thinking about lobster, I better close...I'm getting really hungry....so, you have a great night, and we will talk again.

Good night!

0 comments: