Thursday, September 14, 2006

A SLOW THURSDAY

Man, this week has just flown bye...wow, where do I begin. Let's start with the ol' coyote. He has been on the phone and thru the catalogs and scratching his head and walking around in circles a whole lot....over the ATV. He is going to put it back together. He has gotten two quotes on parts needed. One was off the internet for $2400. I said that was kinda spendy! So then, he got a call from Dustin, the owner of the Bombardia Dealership....their price on the parts bundle was only $3400....hummmm, I don't wanna say anything, but this is just not going to fly, or even get back on the road at these rates. The other thing was that both of the places said that the factory repair manual was backordered, so the coyote was pretty down. Then we got a call from our Oklahoma friends and Robt. found the manual on line in a cd that is totally awesome. We had a factory manual for one of our cars on cd and it's great. You just fire up the ol' puter and go to the section you need, print out the page(s) and you can get them as greasy or crumpled or ripped and when done, toss them. So that was a good call from Robt. (thanks, he needs all the help he can get) This is a major deal for him. He is a VW mechanic and does the oil, plugs and all that stuff, but completely rebuilding this ATV is overwhelming.....Coyote gets overwhelmed very easily. But, that's good for him, it keeps him home, I like that.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my firs day of therapy. I put it off as long as I could, yuk, 3 times a week for THREE MONTHS!!!! Now some people like massages, I don't. I have such sensitive surface nerves that everything hurts just to touch. When I take a shower, the water feels like needles going into my skin. I don't know why, that's just the way it is. Same way with spas, hot tubs with the jets, yeowweeee, no way baby. Ok, back to the therapy. I have Brian, who is the head of the department. He is very nice, even nice to look at. He just can't believe how sensitive I am and how tight all my muscles in my neck and upper back are. But at least he believes me and is working accordingly. I once had a doctor who treated me like I was a baby, even called me a big baby, after an accident I had. They were doing an electromylagram on my neck and down my back. The pain was excrutiating, it brought tears to my eyes and all he could say was "why are you crying, it doesn't hurt that much" - slammed his stethascope on the table and stomped out. The next day, he did come in to my hosp. room and apologize. He said that he had never done the test on anyone with the severity of mine......duh.....gee, thanks!

So, Brian did the ultra sound on the back of my neck and then after that, he lightly massaged the back of my neck and upper back. And, of course, today, I hurt, it starts all over again......oh, the other thing that he said would be good to loosen my muscles would be heat.....ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS I HATE HEAT.....what can I say...he just shook his head, looked at the coyote who shrugged his shoulders and we all just smiled. I know deep down Brian was pulling his hair out.

When we left therapy, we had an appt. with one of our friends that we don't see too often. He is the great hunter. We got to the hunter's house and he was there waiting for us. The reason we went to see the hunter is because he has a mega supply of ivory. You see, Elk have 2 ivory teeth in their mouth's. So he said that he would sell me some ivory, I want a ring and a pendant. BD makes jewelry and I figured if I brought the ivory, it wouldn't cost so much to get the jewelry made. So, we were there over an hour, I swear, people talk to you like there is no tomorrow. Anyway, to make a long story short....I walked away with some ivory, 2 T-bone elk steaks and 1 elk roast, all for at least a third of what I should have paid, for his price to a place called Mystic Lady....wow, I really felt I should have given him more, but, he was ok with it. Now I have an elk roast and my Oklahoma gang aren't here to help us eat it. Of course the coyote isn't too sorry about that...more for him......laughing

Since coyote knew I wasn't feeling well after all the measuring and manipulation, we got in the car and he said, "how would you like to got to El Tapitio for dinner", waaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo...what a guy!!!! That's our most favorite mexican resaurant. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was sooooooooooo good!!! I'm so glad that ol' coyote loves me.

Today was a down day, just didn't feel up to snuff..the weather is trying to change and when that barametric pressure changes, so does my mood, I guess. Just felt out of sorts and not like doing anything I should have done. So, I called Gail and asked if she felt like going out to lunch. She did, so we went to Maxwell's and had a very nice lunch. Then we came home, and I watched a couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy, I got to buy the second season, ya ya ya...and then we had pot pies for dinner and here I am. I just went to put the dogs out and realized it rained a little (very little, but never the less rain is rain). Really boring day, but I'm thru it..."tomorrow is another day"
Good Night.


2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Next time you have a down day you can call me and I'll go to lunch with ya. Thank God the only thing needing repaired is the ATV. You can call it your money pit like I call my hubby's boat!

~ A P R I L ~ said...

I didn't know Robt had found a manual for him, wow, that man is amazing, he keeps so many secrets from me.

Sorry your PT is so painful. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the long run.

UGH! I'm so jealous about the elk ivory! I couldn't eat the red meat for 2 more months so the ol' Coyote would get my part anyway.