Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 1st 2006 - MIXED EMOTIONS

Gosh, I can't begin to tell you how excited we were when Lips and the family drove up. They tricked me, first of all! Lips calls on the cell and says they are in Meteetsee, oh, maybe it's Thermop, then, in a matter of 5/8 minutes, Lips calls and says did you move, there is green grass and no more dirt in the front yard. I ran to the front door and there they were, new green jeep and trailer with the ATV....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah HOOOOOO!!!
They were here before dinner, it was so good to see all of them. And...just as I had expected, the "midget" has LONGER LEGS THAN I !!!! Sheesh, kids, they are growing them much taller these days; she is beautiful...the midget looks like a young lady, and she is gonna be a knock-out....her dad said that he has his shotgun all ready positioned at the front door. We all went out to dinner, talked forever and then everyone dropped like flies, it got really tired out and it was bed time.

September 1, 2006, it's my granddaughter's fifteenth birthday....We were all in the car, driving again (poor bottoms) to Billings because I had a Doctor's appointment I couldn't put off. We called Alyssia in Texas and everyone in the car sang Happy Birthday to her. I think she really liked it, she sounded really happy. She was haveing two friends over for the weekend, since it fell on the Holiday weekend. As for my doctor's visit. I felt really badly, throwing everyone in the car again, after they had driven for two days straight, but, what do you do....they were sure good sports about it. The doctor/surgeon was very pleased with the placement of the plate and 6 screws and the way my bones are adjusting. So now, I can drive again. He said I could do anything I wanted too and I was so excited. I said all right, even ride my ATV??? and of course, the doctor said, anything but that. It's too soon for that. CWAP!!!

So, after the doc, we went shopping and then out to one of my favorite restaurants, the Texas Roadhouse...and.....Robt treated us, yummmmmmmm, it was great food, a little too noisey, but great food! Then we drove home and again, it was really tired out, so we all went to bed.

This was the day that my very dear friend passed away. In Memory of Deborah Cook.

0 comments: