Friday, September 15, 2006

SUCCESS

OK...we are going to try this again. It won't be near as long as the first (post, that did not post) because I hope to click publish before the power goes out againi. We've lost it three times now, so cross your fingers!!!

I got up this morning to beautiful blue skies and white puffy clouds and it was gorgeous. The coms were moooooooooooing in the field behind us and the geese were in grreat form honking accross the sky. Somebody must have done something someone didn't like because it sounded like one of them was giving the rest what for. Anyway, it was a site to behold and the smell was so fresh, wow, there is just no place like Wyoming...there is a reason they call this place GOD'S COUNTRY, it is just so fabulous.

I had to go to physical therapy (second time) today, and, well, it was you know, uck. Brian is my therapist and he is the sweetest guy (not in the gay connotation, he is straight, but cool) He is not used to being as gentle as he has to be with me. He said that in the seven years he has been doing this, I am without a doubt the most sensitive (to touch) than anyone he has had to work on before. Well, that made me feel badly, I felt like crying, I hate being different. It's so weak. Whenever I get mad or angry at myself, I cry...it was all I could do to keep that smile on my face today. He used ultra sound and that hurt and he only had it on 1.5.....then he did the manipulation and massage and then the neck stretching, yeeeeeeeeeouch!!! Ok, then after my torture, he placed a wide ice collar around my upper back and neck, oh, that felt soooooooooooooooooo good. I heard the bell and wanted to just become invisable so I could be "under ice" just a little longer.....didn't work, he found me. He took the ice pack and I got my stuff to get dressed when I noticed the poster on the wall. I think it was there just for me. It said, "SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY - NOT A DESTINATION. It made sense to me. I can do this. It's not for the rest of my life, it's only temporary, I can get thru this....

Thank heaven it is Friday, I have two days away from my torture hours. When we left, we went home because the ol' coyote was hungry (duh) and since he drove me, he didn't get to eat lunch at a normal time. I just wanted to lie down.

After lying down for a while and coyote had finished his lunch, the sky was looking like it might rain some more. I had the quilt show to go to and the quilt shop to go to and I didn't feel like driving, so my sweety said he would take me to the quilt shop, since that was more important....he doesn't do quilt shows. I don't really know why. I do gun shows and car shows with him. mmmmmmmm. Oh well, I was just glad I got to get my quilt square for this month.

It's really interesting to me how many things or people can change your day. I awoke so positive, happy, pain free (almost). Now it is the close of the day and I feel frumpy, I hurt, I'm lonesome and not happy. I know that we are in charge of ourselves. And only I can make me happy or sad. But at this point, I guess I just don't have the energy or the desire to make me happy. I guess I will stop now and pray I feel better.
Good Night...

0 comments: