Saturday, September 02, 2006

UH OH...OH NO!!!!

Things are going from bad to worse. I can't begin to tell you the range of emotions and feelings of this day. I woke up to a phone call from my girlfriend's daughter, that her mother had passed away yesterday. Debbi Cook, a great giant among women. She had risen above so much and was doing so well. She had tonsil cancer and had gone thru surgery, chemo and radiation. She had the usual side effects to go thru, the vomiting, the hair loss, the burned throat, etc. She was really on her way up. She was attending a conference for work and had a seizure. The paramedics were called and responded immediately. They brought her back and then put her in the ambulance and transported her to the E.R.. Once they brought her into the E.R., she seized again, and they were not able to bring her back. WHAT A SHOCK!!!!! I'm really sad, she was such a great friend, and I won't be able to attend the services. Good bye for a little while, Deb, I'll catch up with you....

Then, if that wasn't bad enough, the coyote and Robt. went ATVing today while us girls went shopping. We had a great time. We ate lunch at the Irma Hotel in Cody, WY, and shopped until our legs (feet) gave out. Then we came home and got ready for the men to return. It was after 1900 when the phone rang and it was them, almost home. Once home, I waited for the to unload, unpack and all that. Then the coyote came in and asked how my day was....I told him about Debbi and then he proceeded to tell me of his day. They had a wonderful time until about 1430 when the coyote lost it and yes, you guessed it, he totalled his ATV!!!!

0 comments: